Sunday, March 17, 2019

Word Play - Game On

I got it in my mind to do a crossword puzzle today - and I'm feeling remarkably proud of it. My in-laws inspired me.  They regularly work on Sudoku puzzles together (I mean daily, really), and I've always admired their persistence in pursuit of maintaining brain power. But, I've never loved the math puzzle.

The word puzzle, however, is more up my alley. Well, the Women's World Crossword Puzzle, anyway.  I won't be one of those people who does the Thursday version of the WaPo Crossword Puzzle, or even any day of the New York Times Crossword Puzzle. 

But, I was able to identify that a synonym for signed was inked and that when they suggested cows, I was able to respond cattle.  51 across was assorted - and I was delighted when I found I had in place all of the letters to form the synonym, various!  This was not a hard one, and this little success has whet my appetite to take on a little more challenge.  Tomorrow is Monday, right?  Isn't that the easiest one in the Washington Post? 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! I used to do sodoku and really enjoyed it, but I haven’t in some time! Maybe I’ll pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brain games! Great spirit--sounds like you'll be back for more.

    ReplyDelete