Saturday, March 30, 2019

Welcome to Middle School (abbr.)

170 students are coming on Wednesday to visit their future middle school, and we (my one employee and myself) have come up with a plan to help them tour the new building, leave their mark with the construction team in our ever changing addition, share their thoughts about traditions that they would love to see implemented, and learn a little about the history of the building and the person it is named after.

My task - write a short lesson that would capture the essence of the wonderful person the school is named for and help students apply the experience to their move to the middle school.

I think I've got it - intro, short text, brief video, small group discussion, and application in the form of post-it notes.  Probably going to run long - but I'm ok with that.


2 comments:

  1. Great plans for the day. I think you'll rock the lesson! And have fun with those future middle schoolers. They will have so much energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How excited you must be! After working in a space mostly by yourself it must feel wonderful that the students are coming your way soon.

    ReplyDelete