Monday, March 18, 2019

Bonus Time

I'm recruiting again - a different city, different campus, a couple of hours away from home; South this trip.  Beautiful mountains on both sides of the road caused me to reflect on the flatness of the DC/Northern Virginia region with some dismay.  I don't realize how much I miss the mountains and open fields until I'm driving through them on my way to somewhere else. 

The road, this time, drew me towards my youngest child - a sophomore in college.  As I pulled in to the campus, she texted me and asked for a pick up on the Quad.  After a Target run and a lovely dinner, we ended up in my hotel room, curled on the couch for some girl time.  What a draw - time to recruit newly graduating future teachers and a few hours to spend with my not-so-little girl!


4 comments:

  1. I loved your post, Ellen! Mine comes home tomorrow night. I could feel your inner peace being with her. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! It's nice when your job takes in the direction of family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweetness of the tension of time in that last sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This almost sounds like a work-life balance. So nice that you can catch up with your girl on the road.

    ReplyDelete