Sunday, March 3, 2019

Living an Organized Life...Trying Anyway

There are many aspects of my life that I have routinized since the kids have left for college and I have only myself to manage. (My hubby manages himself quite well, he reminds me!) I have come to enjoy the Sunday list of to-dos that, if I accomplish, will mean that I am set up for a successful week!  I'm pretty consistent with my laundry routine and the house once-over; so recently, due to frequent guilt-ridden meals from fast-food restaurants and concern about an expanding waistline, I have focused on building a routine around prepping healthy breakfasts and lunches for the work week. 

Today I spread out all of my materials - from containers to food items - and I created ten meals that are easy to take to work, fruit and veg heavy, and interesting enough to keep me from jumping in the car to pick up something bad.  Here you go: 

  • 3 days of plain non-fat Greek yogurt with blueberries and a little container of Kashi to add a crunch
  • 2 days of Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal with blueberries
  • Bananas and Mandarin Oranges for a mid-morning snack
  • 3 days of pre-mixed salads, with baked chicken 
  • 3 containers of grape tomatoes
  • 2 ham sandwiches with mustard and lettuce for crunch
  • 2 containers of cucumbers
  • 1 lite string cheese/day for an afternoon snack
There is something reassuring about a routine, especially one that sets me up for the work week feeling organized and proactive!  

4 comments:

  1. They sound delicious! Are you taking orders at school? That can be your retirement job-- making delicious breakfast and lunches to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right - so if this principal thing doesn't work out...:)

      Delete
  2. My sister has been doing meal prep lately. She loves it! I agree with Tracey, where can I put in my order?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all set, and thank you! I needed those lunch ideas, frankly. My prep routine stinks.

    ReplyDelete