Thursday, March 7, 2019

An Irish Substitute

March has been the month in which I traditionally post many articles about my daughter's Irish dance performances.  Irish Dancers are in big demand during the month of March - for obvious reasons!  Now that my Irish Dancer is in college - and totally focused on other exciting aspects of her young life, I miss that month-long celebration of all things Irish. 

This afternoon, as a rare treat to myself, I played hooky from work, and she (on Spring Break from college) and I (desperate for some girl time) had lunch out and ran all over town taking care of her shopping and to-do list.  At the end of hours of shopping (Costco, DSW, Ulta Beauty, whew!) we decided we needed a little Irish to wrap up the special day and her spring break. 

The Shamrock shake from McDonalds was delicious (I recommend it) - and I think we  listened to U2 (my favorite) on the way home. 

It didn't quite match up to the parades and Ceilis that we usually attend - but I'll consider it the Luck o' the Irish that gave me the time today with my lovely, talented daughter. 


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day with your daughter. It's perhaps the start of new Irish traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys captured the spirit of March past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the ultimate day off--complete with a green shake and shoe shopping. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete