Wednesday, March 13, 2019

It's the Small Things...

There is a unique satisfaction to running a perfect pen across a piece of paper.  I am a pen connoisseur - I'm constantly seeking to find (and then keep) really good pens.  In fact, I have been known to borrow a pen that writes perfectly, and accidentally never return it. You are forewarned.   

I found a new perfect pen today. On the floor by my office... there it was, waiting for me to claim it.  It writes purple in a smooth thin line with no raspy noise or jagged application. Silky and comfortable in the hand, it has a metal clip that attaches easily to my lanyard and doesn't detach so easily that it gets dropped.  It is a Uniball Vision - thin line, and I love it.  

I've been seeking a way to be organized, so I've tried online listmakers, applications like todoist, and electronic notekeepers.  But, there is something so wonderfully satisfying about making a list on paper and then neatly checking it off, and in purple ink?  Could the day get any better?   

2 comments:

  1. I love the description in the second paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally relate to this post, and in this age of technology I hope our culture never loses the kinesthetic delights of writing by hand!

    ReplyDelete