Friday, March 29, 2019

Good luck to you too!

There was a skip in my step as I walked into my local grocery store; after all, it was Friday afternoon and I was done with work.  Well, never done with work, but I had left work, and I was feeling incredibly light - nothing pressing, a couple of major hurdles conquered.  

I surfed the freezer section for a quick dinner (thank you PF Changs) and headed to the checkout, hoping to get some time on my deck before the sun went down.  At the register, the cashier and I chatted about how fun the Monopoly game is - and how tragic that many who win the lottery lose the money in a remarkably short time.  

We both agreed that we would be much wiser with our winnings if indeed we did win.  We grinned at each other, then I picked up my bags and turned away calling "Have a good evening!" 

"You too, Hon," she called back, and then hissed, "Hey, Hey" somewhat suspiciously.  I turned back, wondering if I had forgotten to pay and she shoved a stack of monopoly tickets into my hand.  "Good luck!" she whispered and shooed me on my way.  


1 comment:

  1. Now that's an awesome Friday evening vibe. Such warmth at the check-out. I hope you both win.

    ReplyDelete