Thursday, March 21, 2019

Heartache...Do you ever not worry about them?

There are so many emotions within when you are helping one of your children deal with a problem.  These emotions don't seem to lessen as the children get older and are dealing with their own problems, and just keeping the parents in the loop. 

In a phone call this evening, my daughter talked to me about a challenging situation that she is going to take action on.  During this conversation, she was not asking for my feedback, she was just letting me know that she had made a decision that was in her best interest - but was going to be difficult.  My head agreed she is making the best decision - for her, for the other party; we both acknowledged the sadness that will be experienced on all sides.  I was also proud - as she was acting with a strength of character and value for honesty that was honorable and admirable. 

Oh, but my heart ached. 


2 comments:

  1. This piece really captures the paradox that it always seems so much harder to see people we love struggling than it would be to take their burdens on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know something of this heartache you describe so well. I hope the writing eased the pain a bit.

    ReplyDelete