Saturday, March 2, 2019

Charge It!

I love my car.  I had never been able to say that (and I've owned five or six cars) until I got this beautiful blue Volkswagen eGolf.  It is amazing. 

When our mini-van developed some maxi problems, my husband suggested that we sell it and get something a little smaller.  I'm not, after all, lugging teenagers around everywhere now.  He had recently purchased a Toyota Hybrid - and was loving the decreased gas usage; and our solar panels had been installed and were functioning, so we looked into the eGolf - and I haven't looked back.  

In fact, I press my foot on the accelerator and with a whoosh reminiscent of the Starship Voyager's doors closing, this little blue car zips forward.  From 0 to 45 mph in about 10 seconds - I find myself having to ease off the "gas" and temper my enthusiasm often.  Fortunately, it has a braking system that regenerates power, and I regularly switch levels of resistance to better meet the needs of traffic. Speaking of looking back, it has the clearest rear view camera that I have ever seen! 

Perhaps best, though, is that with the electric car I can find excellent parking in ideal locations.  One spot I love - the parking garage at our local Costco.  Four electric parking stations are close to the main entrance and on the main floor.  That's a perk that I can truly support.  

That, and plugging in my car once a week in my own driveway. 

I call it Zippy!

5 comments:

  1. The line "When our mini-van developed some maxi problems" made me laugh out loud! Sounds like you have yourself a sweet joy ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is obvious your new car brings you so much joy.
    This slice is persuasive. I wonder how many people reading it will now consider purchasing an electric vehicle . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post reminds me of my fiancé and his hybrid KIA! Its his first car but he LOVES the fuel efficiency and how quiet it is. His cars name is Blue Eyes. So happy you found a car that suits you and that you named it Zippy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know that we're never too old to name our cars. (Not that you're old by the way, but you know what I mean.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now I want one. You're not a VW influencer are you?

    ReplyDelete