Sunday, March 28, 2010

Travel Envy...

My baby girl is going to Costa Rica in 2 weeks. I can't believe my 10 year-old is heading off with a group of her schoolmates and teachers...to explore the unique environment and culture of Costa Rica without me! I must admit, I am very excited for her. However, as the date draws near, her jitters, and mine, get a little more serious. What about the plane ride? Will she get lost? How will she entertain herself? What about her manners? Will they stand the test of another person's house? Bathing? Will she? Aagh - there are so many unknowns. But, I guess that is the beauty of going off on an adventure by herself...she gets to figure the answer to all of these questions by herself. Growing up - hard for us, exciting for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment