Sunday, March 14, 2010

I need a vacation from my weekend! I am more exhausted now than I was at the end of the work week, but, it's a good exhausted. This evening, as part of our week's-beginning ritual, the kids and I went over the coming week's schedule, noting games, practices and general family must-do's. Both kids commented that this week looked pretty calm as compared to our previous couple...but they were looking forward to spring break, just two weeks away.

"What do you want to do?" I asked. We don't have any big trips planned for this spring break; they might enjoy picking someplace that they wanted to drive to, I thought.

"Hmm," Patrick thought, "Mom, nothing really. I want to hang out here."

"I agree," responded Rebecca. "Let's stay here."

Wow! That was not what I expected. However, due to how busy we all have felt - and how busy the next couple of months looks (a wedding in Alabama, a school trip to Costa Rica, a college graduation here in Virginia,) I think that is a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment