Monday, March 8, 2010

It Hurts!

I loathe Jillian Michaels. Every morning at 5:45 she tells me what I've got to do, and all I want to do is yell at her. I know it's good for me; I know that it will pay off in the long run; but right now...I hate her. This hatred is not unusual for me. I have hated Jane Fonda, Pilates, and the Tae Bo guy over the last 20 years.

Today, Jillian got me with the deep knee sits while lifting the weights up in front of me, straight arms out...muscles screaming; and Jillian had the gall to say, "Work through the burn. I know it hurts now, but it will feel good later." Really? Everytime I reached to write on the chalkboard, it hurt. Every time I walked up and down the stairs during the day, it hurt. My eighth graders laughed when I bent over and groaned pushing my body back up...it hurt!

But, she's right. I love it, when i'm done.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. I'm not sure I could torture myself that early in the morning!
    SAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that's bit early for me as well, but Billy Blanks, now he used to be my guy...the Tae Bo guy1
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Ellen. Up at 5:45--you're a warrior. I love that your eighth graders heard you groan, though. Let's see how they'd do with your early morning Jillian routine.

    ReplyDelete