Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Skimming the Surface

I am already running out of topics for my slice of life entries! I feel just like my students who say, "I don't have anything to write about!" Truth is, I have a plethora of things I could write about, but I don't want to. I am cranky and don't feel deeply connected to any of my potential topics. Here is a rundown of a few:

I just hollered at the kids. I got home and their dad hadn't put them to bed. It's already 9:40 and they aren't anywhere close! 6:30 is going to be so painful for all of us, especially if Jillian Michaels has already kicked my butt for the day. Why do I always have to be the bad guy?

Cooking utensils, small china bowls, whisks, salad choppers, polka dotted wine glasses...I love this stuff, and yet, I don't cook. Pampered Chef products get me every time - I can spend a fortune on my cooking paraphernalia and it won't make a lick of difference in my cooking ability.

Wedding showers for future sister-in-laws, aagh, I am giving one on Saturday! Due to the above...we are having it catered, thank goodness. I haven't ever welcomed another girl into our divine "YaYa" group. She is gaining four sisters, poor thing; she's an only child, she's marrying my only brother, and she's moving into the neighborhood. Talk about a baptism of fire!

Speaking of family, we have some really bad nicknames in my family that have been with us since the beginning of time. Had a funny conversation with both of my kids, and I was absolutely tickled when they didn't know the given names of two of my sisters: Goober and Nubs. One got real bright and said: Nubbette?

Knotted stomach muscles, twinges in the neck, shoulders that ache when I'm sitting still - not exercise-related at all - but stress. I was thankful to work with students today; it is important to remember the reason why.

So, nothing in depth tonight...maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment