Monday, March 15, 2010

I can't wait to have personal time...alone time...me time...whatever you call it, it is time doing what I love to do.

Today one of my colleagues, who has been slammed with additional responsibilities for the last couple of weeks remarked, "I stayed in bed the whole weekend. I don't think I even got out of bed on Saturday until 5:00 and that was only to pick up the food I'd had delivered!" I was green with envy, and I began to contemplate what that kind of a weekend might look like for me. So, here goes:

  • A really good, really long book that I can't (and don't have to) put down...I am open to suggestions, anyone.
  • Watching morning cartoons with my kids in our PJs - cartoons do seem to go all day these days. I have to admit, Spongebob will not be one I sit through!
  • Popcorn and a great tear-jerker movie like Love Actually. I so adore that movie!
  • U2 blasting from the stereo while I sing along...I was meant to be back up for Bono!
  • Shopping at my favorite store: Upscale Resale...a consignment store for furniture. Who knew that whole sets of zebra-striped, overstuffed furniture had been purchased by someone in the first place?
  • Playing Mahjohng or Rummicube as a family. We giggle and scheme and have a great time.
  • Thai Food! Delivered. I could eat drunken noodles until, well, forever.
  • Good friends around the table and a glass of Smoking Loon. Mmmmm.
  • Sitting on the point ( either at the lake in the Adirondaks or the San Juan Islands) watching the sun set, listening to the fish slap and the boats motor by.

Most of all - there will be no mental obligations (homework, work etc.) that distract me from enjoying this very special time or renewal. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment