Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tomorrow I'll be better

I'm not a fan
of Sunday evenings.
As soon as dinner is done
I find myself carping at the kids and
snapping at the spouse.
What is going on in my head?

I've done laundry all day,
washed dishes fifty million times
since breakfast,
Mopped the kitchen floor
and vacuumed everywhere else,
I don't cook - but
I baked muffins for breakfast
for the week. Cleaned a bathroom
or two - and
nagged the teenaged children
to get their homework done and rooms cleaned,
again, and again, and again. 
Ah nagging - it's not good for the soul.

By Sunday night,
I'm ready for a good book
to help me escape.  But,
I have one more load to fold
and a project to edit.
I'm grumpy that the
weekend has gone by
so fast.   

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way on Sunday nights. Monday looms before us as a great, big monster. Rats. Back to the grind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris - glad to know i'm not alone. You are right - the looming Monday is part of the problem. Once I get into Monday - it'll be ok.

      Delete