Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blog Statistics...Fascinating!

I'm becoming a little obsessed with my blog.  I only post during the Slice Challenge, so I love that I can look back to other March posts (in previous years) and see what was happening in my world.  What I'm finding a little eerie is how repetitive I am.  My apologies to those of you who have been reading the last few years and may have happened upon my posts.  I have (for years now) written about my daughter and Irish Dance, my sweet son, the weather, daylight savings time, and the challenge of losing weight (over and over again.)

What I'm a little obsessed about now has to do more with the data associated with my blog.  Only this year have I learned about the Blog Statistics page with Blogger. I. Love. It! I don't check my blog first anymore, I check the blog overview to see how many posts overall I've written and how many views that I have had.  Ruth and Stacey have written about how powerful comments are....well, let me tell you, they are incredibly motivating.  I love checking the number of comments, (of course, I love reading the comments), I love to see where my comments/viewers are from and I'm interested to see when any comments were posted, as I think that when I post might impact the number of people who comment.  The only thing I don't really get - help me out if you know - is why I care about the browsers of people who post and the operating system.  Although, I am intrigued that over 50% of people reading my blog post using an apple product (IPad, IPhone, or Mac). 

Bottom-line, I'm having fun posting this year, and part has been the data that comes along with it.  Can't say I'm using that data for earth-shaking stuff, but it sure helps my motivation!  Thanks all!  

2 comments:

  1. You find it a bit eerie that you write about the same topics. I find that it's a natural thing to keep returning to the same topics when we write about our lives. I have also been fascinated with the blog statistics. I don' know why. What would I do with the information? But as you said, statistics or not, it's fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessive about my stats, too. (In fact, I can point you to an even more detailed counter.) But like any data, what does it really mean?

    ReplyDelete