Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Plumps When You Eat 'Em

My apologies to those I might offend with a graphic description, but here goes...full disclosure.  I haven't been exercising, at all, for the last four weeks.  After years, literally, of walking 3 miles every weekday morning, I haven't walked at all - and I'm beginning to feel really miserable, both about my looks and how I really feel. 

In fact, I have a pair of tights on tonight that I've worn all day, (warning:  this is the graphic part), to go with my slimming, mostly black outfit, and I feel like I'm a sausage over-stuffed, ready to explode. 

I cooked and served over one hundred all beef, Ball Park Franks for the kids in play practice last night.  Watching those wieners plump when I boiled them, and then split, literally burst down the side, when I grabbed them from the water with my handy tongs...I couldn't help but think, that's where my body is heading.  It is time to get back on the bandwagon - any bandwagon, except the present one!



6 comments:

  1. Exactly how I felt, I finally got my workout tape going today. It was the first time in quite a while. Much better, now to add tomorrow to my workout regime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy - I know the feeling! I should have walked today but I found a million reasons not to. Let's all try to get moving tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen, I couldn't help but laugh a little when I read this. I too feel like my clothes just are not fitting the same as they used to. It is also a little funny because your voice is so clear in your writing and I feel like I can hear you complaining out loud about the way you feel. It might just be me hearing my own complaints day after day though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every step each day helps! I am right there with you on that journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strong image. Hits a little too close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter seems to entice us to be a bit more dormant. Spring is just around the corner. Hit that walking path, trail, or road ready to get back on your good bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete