Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Delicious Day

Today was my spring break.  Waking up late, I lolled around and read in bed for a while.  After finally getting up, a hot shower with U2 as the accompaniment set the stage for a mellow day.  Grabbing my book I headed down to the living room, and wonderful husband made a warming fire in the fireplace.  Finishing one book, I opened another.  For lunch I moved 10 feet into the kitchen for yummy lentil stew - then back to the living room.  Stomach full, I began to feel warm and content.  Watching my head bob was very entertaining for the family, but husband took pity on me, stretched out my legs, and covered me with a warm blanket.  After a lovely nap, I'm still here, in front of the fire, covered by the blanket, and I'm not going anywhere today.

Back to work tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, a morning fire. That sounds like a delightful way to spend the morning.

    ReplyDelete