Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hmm, Still Grouchy

I'm really not ready for spring.  I'm happy to continue to wear bulky sweaters and corduroy pants and sidle by without glancing at the thin spring materials on display in my favorite stores.  I haven't yet experienced that burst of energy that jumpstarts a work-out schedule and instigates a push towards the bikini-ready body. Although I hear children playing outside, I have no desire to join my neighbors to catch up on four months of news. Last week's blast of winter was perfect - I was content cocooned in the library, wrapped in a fleece blanket and deeply enmeshed in a novel, why should I seek spring?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on that! No one wants to hear me say it, but I strangely love winter. I love the clothes, I love the snow, I love the warmth I feel inside. Spring is nice, but I'm okay if it doesn't come for another month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my bulky sweaters, too, but there is something so energizing about the cold spring air! Change is a'coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers certainly are pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps to sit on the deck deeply enmeshed in a novel, sun shining and birds singing-- blanket optional if it's still a little chilly? Think of the vitamin D...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No guilt allowed for hunkering down at home if have the time. Any moments you can steal with a book are well-deserved, inside or outside.

    ReplyDelete