Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Images from my day

Sixth grade lunch duty: moving into the cafeteria the noise level was incredible.  From the other side of the door one can only imagine the chaos, possibly even mortal combat, that is happening inside based on the noise level.  Once inside the door, the mouths and bodies of three hundred sixth graders, like the locusts of biblical proportions, are devouring all the food in their sight, all the while running their mouths at the highest possible decibel level. 

Costco trip, mid-day:  Dashing in to Costco, I had a short, very specific, list: cake for today's staff meeting and picture frames.  Heading down the right side of the store I went directly to the locations of the products I wanted - then, stupidly, I walked down the opposite side to get to the cashier.  I was trapped.  Everywhere I turned was a snack surrounded by a pack (might they be called a pride?  a gaggle?) of super-sized grocery carts.  Maneuvering around carts abandoned as the drivers sought snacks, I felt my inner Indy-driver come on.  I zipped and steered and got into the shortest Costco line!
 
Dinner with my daughter:  we picked up fast food.  I know, bad mom.  We picked up my chicken salad and her sandwich, dropped them in the car and ran into another store for a quick minute.  Getting into the car after few minutes we both groaned over the mouthwatering smell.  Yum.  Three hours later, I hopped into the car to pick up my son, and the smell was still there...how could it smell kind of gross now?

Two more days till spring break.  We got this.  

2 comments:

  1. I love the detail in the last image of the smell. It is so interesting how that happens, but I agree the good smell turns kind of gross later on. I also love the "inner Indy-driver" image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the locusts of biblical proportions. Sounds about right for sixth grade.

    ReplyDelete