Monday, March 25, 2013

Nightmares?

Came home from shopping and sat down to join my son and husband for the end of their movie, Live and Let Die.  I walked downstairs into the tv room with some trepidation, as the most recent James Bond movie I watched, Skyfall, was actually very scary - I found myself tonight considering just going to bed rather than joining in and being terrified and traumatized by all of the violence.  

We gave my son the whole Bond collection for his 16th birthday, and he has been watching them carefully in time order.   How lucky for me that tonight's move was this 70's classic with Paul and Linda McCartney singing the theme song.  The music was really pretty good - the movie, well...

The seventies were rough, even for James Bond!  We are so spoiled now - the quality of movies and the technology makes them so believable!  Watching this movie, perhaps filmed when the green screen was considered advanced technology, was almost painful.  Roger Moore still plays a handsome 007 and a very young and of course, beautiful, Jane Seymour debuted in this film, but, the rest of the film was so dated - I couldn't take it seriously (are we supposed to?).

I did go to bed with nightmares after Skyfall - there were some brutal scenes that lived on in my memory.  Happily, that is not the case with Live and Let Die, I'll sleep soundly tonight, only dreaming, perhaps a passing worry, that the cars might return to that low slung, gas guzzling look so popular in 1973. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess the good news is that LIVE AND LET DIE didn't give you nightmares and you got so good time with your family. I remember loving that movie (when it came out). Right now I have the theme song stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete