Saturday, March 18, 2017

Call Me Crazy

Call me crazy, but I love going to school to work on the weekends.  Sometimes I have loads of writing to do, but today I just wanted to clean my desk and take care of some loose ends.

There is often something going on in the building, as the school system shares the building with the county we live in.  Dance classes, theater performances, and volunteer groups all use various rooms. Today, the main floor, where my office is, was empty.  I opened the door into the half-lit hallway and sauntered through my domain.  Glancing to the left, the library was dark except for the electric blue of the television that scrolls our announcements.  On the right, a silent hallway stretched into the gloom.  It doesn't make me nervous to be there, though.

My office is bright and cheerful - and once inside there is a feeling of being insulated from the world. Surrounded by darkness, knowing there is no one around, I'm able to focus on my mental to-do list.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, that's me.

    .. it's what my Dad did, too.

    Thanks for focusing on this -- it's meaningful to me and I might just blog about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. School on the weekends can be quiet, yet comforting. The distraction free environment allows the to-do list to get knocked out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling! It feels good to get things done- no distractions. Hope you got everything done that you needed to. :)

    ReplyDelete