Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Running the Gamut

There are some days that run the gamut of emotions - I wish I could predict those days, cause I might better prepare myself for them.  Sadly - that is not an option.  It would have been nice to be prepared for today's emotions.

The day began with Anguish - a Mother's as she spoke to me about her son and his challenges both at home and at school.  How can we work together to support? Then,
Fear - He was arrested?  Seriously?  He was doing so much better.  What happened?  What's going to happen?
It moved into Empathy - again, a Mother as she spoke to me about her daughter, who is scared of the lengths to which she might go to be "done."  This will rest on my shoulders, she threatens.
Frustration - with a student who always finds a way to get involved in drama.  Every day, for the last two weeks, he has been at the center of some problem - it feels serious, it feels unrelenting, it feels like something that could be avoided. I haven't been able to change behavior yet. Two hours in the office this afternoon.
Anger - heated discussion with family members, short temper, loss of mine.
Exhaustion.
Not much on the positive end of emotions today - hence the short temper, I'm afraid.
Some days are like that...


3 comments:

  1. Hopefully days like this come one at a time and not too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a tough gamut of emotions you are dealing with. Good to get them out and hope will always be there that tomorrow will be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a tough gamut of emotions you are dealing with. Good to get them out and hope will always be there that tomorrow will be a better day.

    ReplyDelete