Thursday, March 10, 2016

Five Questions Part Two

What are three things you wish to accomplish before the end of the school year?
I’ve got to get back focused on being in classrooms and having conversations with teachers about teaching. If I could get into every teacher’s class six times before the last day of school, that would be amazing.

I would like to figure out where I’m going next – this involves lots of reflection on my personal strengths and weaknesses, along with some careful analysis of the needs of the district and schools.

I’d like to be more organized with some of the efforts that we are undertaking- communicating, reaching out, and saying thank you and great job to those who are working so hard to make school an amazing place to live and learn.

Give four reasons why you remain in education despite today’s rough culture.
It is very easy to be tempted (and I am daily) by the draw of a simpler, less controversial job. I often think I’d have made a great secretary: I can be very welcoming! Or maybe a McDonalds clerk, "Would you like fries with that?" But the reality is – I got into this to make a difference in children’s lives – and it is the main reason I stay.  Most of the time, I enjoy the adults that I work with – I find the relationships that I am able to have both collegial and rich. As well, I enjoy the opportunity to mentor staff and support them in their goals and initiatives.  I still believe that education is the answer for improving lives, everyone’s. And, I really, really, enjoy teaching things to people.

Which five people do you hope will take this challenge by answering these questions?
My amazing Writing Group of thoughtful, reflective and supportive teachers who write and writers who teach: Tracey (who already has), Mary, and Leah – as well as any Slicer who might want to reflect.  It's a great learning experience.  

Thanks for those of you who read and responded!




No comments:

Post a Comment