Monday, March 9, 2020

Zippity Do Dah, Whew!

At 6:30 this evening I sank into the drivers seat of my little Volkswagen eGolf and exhaled.  The seat seemed to embrace me as I sat there, enveloping me in a cocoon for the transport home.  I pushed the start button, and silently the car sprang to life - lights, sensors, and dashboard communicating what my electric motor could not...the car was on!  I pressed on the "gas pedal" (because what else do you call it?) and relished the subtle, futuristic whine as my car zipped forward.  Soon, I would be home, to recover and refresh, to get ready for tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Woah - I didn't know that Volkswagen made an electric car! I'm a little behind the times. I'm so excited!

    Also, I love your word choices in this short, sweet, post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A car so futuristic, it has restorative powers. We all need such a vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny -I never really thought about what you would call the pedal in an e car, maybe the "go pedal"? I'm sitting here trying to think of something catchier...I've got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes there really is nothing better than that first moment of getting into your car and closing the door, a barrier separating you from your day. I especially loved this line, "I pushed the start button, and silently the car sprang to life - lights, sensors, and dashboard communicating what my electric motor could not...".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! Glad you have an ally for the long, tough days.

    ReplyDelete