Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Joy

My alarm woke me this morning at 5:15, and it was with great pleasure that I hit snooze a few times before I got up.  Without students entering the school doors at 7:20, I could be a little more relaxed about getting to work - freedom! The daily first bell is a heavy taskmaster.  Today, before heading into school, I took a leisurely shower, drank two (!) cups of coffee, and ran to the grocery to get sweet snacks for our assistants. 

The true highlight of my morning, however, was hopping into my car and singing along with my favorite artists - the classic, Don't Stop Believin, by Journey got my blood pumping and Hit Me with Your Best Shot, by Pat Benetar, had me shaking my fist at my challenges.  As I pulled into school at 7:00 sharp, A Million Dreams by Pink launched me into the building - filling me with visions of what our world could be.  Call me crazy, but what a great start to the day! 

4 comments:

  1. I swear we have the same playlist! Two cups of coffee and a leisurely shower- a super Tuesday indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an inspirational playlist indeed! And you heeded the energizing message. Friday is tight around the corner. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sort of what a snow day might have felt like, right? There's nothing like an extra cup of coffee and an inspirational playlist to get the day going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuesday was a gift from the school gods for sure. I love the image of you shaking your fist at your challenges. Can't do that without a second cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete