Thursday, March 19, 2020

Sharp Dressed Man?

The ultimate escapism for me is watching "rockumentaries" - or documentaries on some of those awesome rock bands that we love...especially from the 80's! 

Tonight's distraction was ZZ Top, That Little Ol' Band from Texas - and it brought back so many memories of the the seventies and the eighties for me - and told an interesting story about why people come together to play music - and don't stop.  ZZ Top has been playing together for almost 50 years, longer than many people stay married...they mentioned. 

Interestingly, ZZ Top was made (outside of Texas) by the MTV generation - selling dreams associated with the music through video.  They were selling fantasy.  Really - guys with long beards making all of our hormonal dreams come true.

I bought it then...I'm wishing that we could go back.  Sort of....

4 comments:

  1. Cheap sunglasses! Hahaha! I go way back with the "Top". Thanks for the interesting bio info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ZZ Top! I think I know what I'll be listening to when I make dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those beards were always a real puzzle for me. Can't say I'd go back in time for them. Duran Duran? Okay, sure.

    ReplyDelete