Saturday, March 7, 2020

The Chill Zone

I'm not ready to give up on winter:

  • I like my heavy winter coat - it's slimming
  • I can't give up my tall black boots with black tights - love them
  • No cozying up in a warm blanket with a good book? 
  • Hot tea with lemon just isn't the same on a warm day
  • No more bulky sweaters with fun patterns?
  • What about my scarves?  I love a hand knitted infinity scarf
Perhaps it's really because...I'm not ready for summer:
  • Shorts?  Bathing suit?  Short-sleeved shirts?  Nope, Nope, Nope!
  • Sandals?  Not without a couple of pedicures...
  • Air conditioning?  Brrr.  Followed by...
  • Humidity?  Bad for hair, bad for me. 
  • Bright sun, really early in the morning, on the days I can sleep in.  Boo.  
  • Salads and eating healthy - not yet.  I haven't had enough stew. 
The real problem might be that I just really love what happens around here when it snows.  The roads are peaceful, and the pace of life slows down; and I am able to take a moment to enjoy all of that coziness and warmth.  

Hmm - 71 degrees predicted for Monday.  I'm not going to hold my breath.  I better get ready.  


5 comments:

  1. It is a sad winter indeed that has not a single day! Your post is a perfect explanation of why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter can be so great when it comes to slowing down. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only remedy for a crappy snowless winter is a garden in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your lists so perfectly highlight both the winter and summer clothing!! Clever post!

    ReplyDelete