Saturday, March 10, 2018

Time Flies, Days Drag

In the kitchen again this evening, before the kids head back to college tomorrow.   The hubs is cooking and my daughter is hanging out chatting, dj'ing our evening with Amazon Music, and mashing the potatoes for dinner.  My son is doing his laundry and stopping in occasionally to dip a pita into the best hummus in Arlington (Atilla's, for those of you around here) and guess the title of the current tune that's playing.

These are the kinds of memories I will hold onto, treasure, and replay until both kids come back in early May. 

5 comments:

  1. What a great memory to share! I hope that it lasts you until your children visit again. Now I am going to go snuggle with my little ones while I have them under my roof! I know they will be off on their own in a blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant snapshot. Almost Norman Rockwell-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this short piece because it reminds me of my house. My daughter is home this week from college and I wish my son were doing laundry. Instead it’s me. Cherish these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A soundtrack brings the life to the party. I love the way you describe you four coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is clearly the heart of your home, and you capture it so well with the concrete details of this description.

    ReplyDelete