Monday, March 26, 2018

Facebook Vacuum

It's so easy to get lost on Facebook.  I tell myself that I'm just going to check and see if any family member or friend has posted anything interesting...Three hours later, I've...
  • checked out three amazing weight loss apps
  • closely read multiple recipes for yummy food I'm never going to make, and often I watch the how to video as well
  • read hundreds of comments on the politically charged post that my cousin posted, gasping regularly at what many people express
  • watched puppies slide down a slide
  • watched kittens curled up in flower pots
  • learned how to reuse plastic bottles to make really fascinating things 
  • checked out a cool guinea pig haircut
  • checked up on my children's most recent posts
  • stalked friends of friends, who are not my friends but whom I know, and look at the pictures of their beautiful lives
  • learned how to paint jars to look like antiques
  • taken a few quizzes - where I should live (of course, not where I do), grammar quiz (of course, I'm a pro!)
  • watched videos of speeches, protests, and comedy shows
  • watched my favorite education videos (Gerry Brooks) and laughed hysterically
  • read articles on how to adjust to your kids growing up and going to college (and cried, usually)
  • traveled vicariously by exploring my adventurous friends travel pictures
It is a very interesting and engaging way to learn new things - and hard to pull away from sometimes.  


4 comments:

  1. Certainly no time watching puppies and kittens could ever be considered ill spent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook has been both a blessing and a curse. Like you, I get sucked into the vortex, but I've been working on divorcing FB since January 1. I'm close to deleting it or at least letting it lie dormant. Still, I miss those grammar quizzes, especially the ones w/ grammar errors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should try one of those cooking videos for our next writing group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three very productive hours, according to that list! Can you imagine life without those nuggets of knowledge?

    ReplyDelete