Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Snow Day?

The prediction of snow still, even after all of these years, makes my heart skip a beat and my mood swing upwards.  Yesterday I spent in a slump, mostly doubting the varied predictions that were being thrown our way by our local meteorologists.  "Well, it could really be bad," said one, while another stated, "There is a chance that nothing could come our way." 

Today it poured rain, all day long; and the temperature slowly dropped over the course from when the kids were dropped off until they got picked up this afternoon.  As the temperature dropped my hope began to pick up.  Maybe the snow that may or may not arrive will give us a day off of school?!?

The irony is, even if school is cancelled, administrators often still report - so I might not have the day off - but, the energy is contagious and the excitement for a day off leaps like a flame from one staff member to the next.  When the children walk out to the buses, they too have caught it...."See you Thursday, Ms. E. Smith!" one hollers. 

"Ice cubes in the freezer tonight, pajamas on backwards," I hollered back, smiling and waving as the buses pulled away.   

2 comments: