Monday, March 9, 2015

Opposites Continue to Attract

As I walked in the door I hollered "Hello" to the house in general - listening for the voices of my family hollering, or in some cases grunting (teenage boy), back; kind of our own Marco Polo game for the end of the day. It's a reassuring check that my family is all home safe.   

I was surprised to see my husband when he popped into the kitchen excitedly.  "Look at this map...What do you notice?"  Sadly my tired brain was not responsive.  "Look at all of the yellow lines," he said.  "Do you notice a pattern?"  

No pattern appeared to me - but I could tell that he was very enthusiastic about what he had found.  I sat down to look a little closer, and he described the impact of a planned traffic change on our neighborhood - and truly I was impressed by his analysis.  

While I have known that he has the ability to analyze a particular situation and bring clarity to any thinking around it, I have begun to appreciate his skill more and more.  Especially as he is often very helpful in supporting me and my emotion-laden thinking to become more clear and evidence-based (I know, very cliche - but the phrase works!).  

Bottom line, it is fascinating to have been in a partnership with another person for a long time and watch that person continue stretch, grow, and share their gifts with others.   


3 comments:

  1. That is just a lovely observation. I hope you shared this with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true! And I laughed out loud at the title-- it could be on Saturday Night Live: And in other news, opposites continue to attract...

    (I hope Matt appreciates your perspective just as much!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any new traffic patterns that the rest of us could be on the look out for? Would you ask Matt to start his own blog, please?

    ReplyDelete