Friday, March 27, 2015

Exhale...

Could the words Spring Break mean anymore than they do on the Friday before it begins?  Today, as I waved goodbye to the students aboard the cheery yellow school buses, I could feel my level of anticipation rise.

Like most days as an Assistant Principal in a middle school, today I was fully engrossed in the reactive mode, dealing with every problem that was tossed my way, and there were quite a few:  missing children, videos of my youngsters slap fighting in a bathroom, finding enough rooms for next year's students...my head was spinning, as was the door to my office.

But, at 2:30, I began to feel hopeful that the endless day would end and that I might leave school slightly earlier than usual.  As I waved the buses on, and turned back to the school building a weight lifted from my shoulders and I practically skipped inside.

I love the students at Jefferson - truly - and I look forward to seeing them again in ten days or so...but for right now, I'm delighted to have a little time on my own!  Enjoy yours too!

2 comments:

  1. We need that time to renew our souls and help us get to the end of the year! Enjoy your time and pursue your happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every minute of your break. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete