Thursday, March 5, 2015

Escape in its purest form!

I have had the most wonderful day ever!  When the snow finally began at 8:00 this morning, I grabbed a big comfy robe and headed downstairs with my thick novel.  After opening the curtains so I could watch the accumulation, I hunkered down on the couch with my cup of coffee and The Haj by Leon Uris.  With short breaks to shower, shovel, and walk the dog, I have spent the whole day reading about life in the heat and wartime struggle of Jerusalem and Jericho, all the while glancing at the fuzzy white stuff falling gently outside
the picture window.

I'm hoping for weather, soon, that falls somewhere in between the two extremes that I've lived in today!   In the meantime, I'm enjoying the opportunity to escape to other places through my favorite, albeit neglected hobby - Reading!

4 comments:

  1. You are the third post I have read about hunkering down in a robe on a snowy day. Perhaps tomorrow we should all post pictures of our robes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Sounds like a perfect snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect way to spend a snow day. I loved your description of "I hunkered down on the couch." I could see your plan of escape to disappear into a book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, wrote about enjoying winter...but in a very different way. I hope you'll find the time to read my blog today.
    In the meanwhile, I like your positive approach to winter and love the fact that you spent it writing. You also got me interested in the book you are reading. Thank you!
    https://barbarasut.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=31&action=edit&message=10

    ReplyDelete