Monday, March 2, 2015

A Few Extra Minutes

I could sense it was still dark when my cell phone pinged. Ugh, a text. I kept my head pressed into the pillow and my eyes tightly shut.  When it pinged again it dawned on me that this was really early for a text from anybody I knew; my heartbeat quickened, it might be a message about school! Eyes still closed I groped the night table next to the bed, grabbed the charging cord, and pulled the Iphone close to my face.  I could see a text was there, but I couldn't read it.  Darn aging eyes - I pushed the phone further away (an arm's length, to be honest) until I could read the still somewhat blurry text.  "Closed" was all I had to see; I slammed the phone back down on the night table and returned to joyous slumber.


9 comments:

  1. Best phone call ever! No school! A two-hour delay call is a special treat also- sleep in and still get credit for a day. Enjoy your few extra minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best phone call ever! No school! A two-hour delay call is a special treat also- sleep in and still get credit for a day. Enjoy your few extra minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen,

    I could feel each small event as you related it. Can't say I have ever gotten a call like that, being that I live in Sunny and DRY Southern California. Hope you slept a little longer. Enjoy your day and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn those aging eyes indeed! I can hardly FIND my iPhone without my glasses on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn those aging eyes indeed! I can hardly FIND my iPhone without my glasses on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar experience this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you are so lucky! Hoping for a delay maybe on Wednesday. Love those snow days, hope you refueled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This day was a gift. I'm glad you, too, enjoyed sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A vivid description of such an exciting moment! Lucky you! :-)

    ReplyDelete