Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mea Culpa

I have been avoiding posting for the last few days...I know, I know...it is the writing challenge, but I haven't been able to pull myself out of a funk long enough to pick up the proverbial pen.  And, I'll admit, I've been a little scared.  I have had a lot of sad/big/worrisome things on my mind, many of them much more challenging and troublesome than I'm actually ready to write about.  I've been a lot worried about sending my verbal vomit into the blogosphere, and then not being prepared for others to comment on it.

In reflection, writing for me is really a cathartic exercise...I work through things when I write - and I wasn't quite ready to share.  I appreciate your patience, my friends.  

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate your candor. There are times when you need TIME. Time to process, time to act, time to reflect. I wish you well in dealing with those things that are on your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone in needing time. I wrote this post last week when I was struggling with whether or not to make it public: http://www.qualityeducator.net/blog/mysecretpost/. My issues were more frustrating than sad or worrisome, but please know that you have my empathy. Glad you're back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this post is a great step for you. I am the same way - I know that writing helps me process difficult things, but sometimes I'm not sure I'm ready to process them. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ellen! I understand completely. Just know that post or no post, you are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, I hope that whatever is making it difficult for you to write gets sorted out for you. Sometimes, things need to incubate before they are released into the world.

    ReplyDelete