Sunday, March 9, 2014

An Awakening

I like sleeping a little later on the weekends.  I know, I know, in order to maintain one's health it is better to wake up at the same time every day...but I just need a little more pillow time.  This morning, for the first time in many days, a tendril of sunlight made itself at home on the pillow next to me.  I sensed its presence and squeezed my eyelids tighter so that I didn't have to acknowledge it. Soon, the brightness moved to my side of the bed and rested gently on my forehead, causing me to pull the covers up and turn over for just a few minutes more.  Finally the light glared in my window hotly, removing any feeling of chill in the room and reminding me that there was laundry to be done, blog posts to be written, and children to be nagged. I'm up!

4 comments:

  1. Children to be nagged. Bahahahaha. Love that line. I've always told my children,"I had you for myself. Pure selfish reason. Don't think otherwise." With all love possible. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "tendril of sunlight."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could time getting up every morning with sunlight "removing any feeling of chill in the room." Maybe next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Mary-- lovely post. Write on!

    ReplyDelete