Monday, March 12, 2012

Punished

For the last few weeks my morning walking buddy and I have felt lighter and more enthusiastic when we were walking.  By the time we reached the climax of our three miles (the top of a really big, steep hill) we could see sunrise peeking in the East, over the high rises of Arlington.  Truly, we felt we were being rewarded for being out at 5:30 and exercising!

This morning we were being punished.  It felt like 4:30 (hmm, my body thought it was 4:30) and the dark was enveloping. It was pitch black, brutally dark when I got up to walk this morning.  Except for the temperature, a balmy 43, it could have been December again. 

I have never considered myself a spring person; in fact, I love the warmth and coziness of fall.  However, I do enjoy when the mornings get brighter - and that feeling of lightness pervades everything!  I know it'll go by fast - in a few weeks there will be light again at the end of our walks.  In the meantime, we walk on.  

1 comment:

  1. You will surely adjust soon! Good for you for keeping at it! It helps to have a buddy, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete