Sunday, March 18, 2012

Guilty Pleasure

I sat down in the lovely blue chair in the Lands End department of Sears this afternoon.  The girls were in the dressing room and the armload of clothes that I was carrying around was just dragging me down. We had been remarkably successful finding the "business attire" for my twelve year old to wear at her Model UN competition this coming weekend.  But, when she decided she wanted to try clothes on "just for fun, Mom," the lower back began to ache and I could feel a headache pulsing forward.

With no reason to say no, only laundry and vacuuming waiting for me at home, I sat down in the chair to wait comfortably.  A couple of rounds of Words with Friends later, I could feel my eyelids start to drift down.  Who's going to notice? I thought.  I gripped my cell phone a little tighter in one hand and let my eyes close.  I had a vague sense of shoppers walking by - perhaps an employee or two as well checking to see that I wasn't ill.

Kindly, no one disturbed me.  Some time later (I'm not sure how long) I eased back into wakefulness and my phone signaled a text.  It was Rebecca and Sophia, they wanted to show me their favorite dresses (strapless and very glamorous!) which we did not purchase - and then it was time to go.

Not sure why shopping with Tweenagers is so exhausting...Glad I got a little nap.

3 comments:

  1. I love this. Glad you got a few moments to yourself, even if it was at the store. I sat in the chair to wait comfortably - awe yes, it's a pleasurable moment.
    MH at booksavors.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea--and I'm glad there was a comfy chair in the right place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anywhere or time you can steal a moment to rest...that makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete