Thursday, March 1, 2012

Back in the Saddle

So many activities are just easy to pick up and do - even after months of not doing them.  How often have you heard, "It's like riding a bicycle, you never forget how to do it."  However, I'm finding myself a little rusty and a lot apprehensive that, as I begin this month of daily writing, I have forgotten how to do it.  Am I up to the Slice of Life Challenge?

Oh, I have written in the last 11 months, but not much that I could call slice-worthy.  My writing has tended more along the lines of field trip slips and shopping lists, letters to parents and justification memos, or thank you notes and evites. I'm out of practice.  Delving once again into the details of daily living, thinking about and considering details that might disappear in light of the whole day, but sparkle when explored up close, this is writing for the Slice of Life Challenge - really, how exciting to be poised to try this again.   

What makes the Slice of Life so enticing?  The feedback that on occasion magically appears at the end of my post - the connections, the agreements, the polite disagreements - YOU are the reason that I am picking up the figurative pen, again, to try the SoL!  Thanks to Tracey, Mary, and Leah and all the rest of the slicers who will motivate me to share wee details of the days of our lives through their thoughtful comments - and get back into the daily writing habit.

4 comments:

  1. My students have expressed some of the same concerns about "slice-worthiness", but I tell them that it's not the event, it's what you write about it that makes it worthy. Your slices are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's comforting to read your words and realize I am not the only one feeling a bit apprehensive. Cheers to writing! ~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your back and can't wait to see the glimmers of your daily life.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete