Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Spirit Week Woes

I've had a hard time getting into Spirit Week this week - not sure why (although I'm guessing Daylight Savings Time is a key factor!)  Today was "The Future Looks Bright" day - and all week I have been uncertain what I might wear for this day - was I going neon?  Was I going to go futuristic? Or, some sort of career?

I forgot (conveniently) Wacky Tacky day yesterday, to the chagrin of my admin colleagues who rocked the mismatched clothes.  Pawing through my clothes closet this morning, I hemmed and hawed, not wanting to disappoint - but not feeling inspired. 

And then...I got it. I greeted students this morning wearing my green graduation gown from George Mason University and that terrible hat (mortarboard?) that gives us all bad hair!  I perfected my line..."I'm dressed as you... in the future - a graduate!" I love wearing my college graduation garb - and feel especially impressive when I add the Master's hood. So, I was feeling pretty good about my clothing choice until an adorable sixth grader earnestly asked, "Ms E. Smith, are you dressed as a leprechaun today?  Isn't that Friday?"

I love middle schoolers!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the theme of the day. Do you really have to dress like a leprechaun on Friday?? I wish these days didn't put so much pressure on us. Thankfully our spirit days are pretty low key and not a big deal if you forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThelifeofamomteacherandwifeMarch 15, 2023 at 8:14 PM

    Ha I love that you chose your cap and gown! I sometimes sruggle with spirit weeks too. I either remember too late or am not in the spirit. I'm glad you felt the spirit today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, it reminds me of bridesmaid dresses. When are we ever going to wear our cap and gown again? You found a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And how did you dress today - now that your Leprechaun suit is in the dirty laundry, I wonder... - Enid

    ReplyDelete