Friday, March 10, 2023

A Visitor

Rainy, messy roads this afternoon, and getting my grown kids off at the airport for their trip to Portland, was a test of my driving patience.  But, I finished my errands and eagerly turned towards home.  

My hubby and I are dog-sitting for our son and his girlfriend this weekend - and it's been a while since there was anyone else in the house but us two.  It was lovely to walk in and have this beautiful dog, Luna, greet me like I was the most exciting person in the world.  

A few minutes playing "retrieve the kong" and she's outside to explore the backyard.  The sound of a wet-dog-shake lets me know that she's back inside. 

I forgot how affirming life with a pet is.  Looking forward to the weekend.  

3 comments:

  1. Luna sounds wonderful, and how lucky is she to have you both for the weekend?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously the world has misidentified our most exciting person! Thank goodness Luna has kept a level head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that phrase, "wet-dog-shakes." Enjoy your dog time!

    ReplyDelete