Sunday, March 5, 2023

Ready for the Week

Sunday is the day that I do my regular weekly things...laundry, the week's meal prep, and often a trip to the library.  

Today, instead of going to the smaller library nearby, I went to Central Library which is larger and has more books.  It's a little further away, but the glass recycling center drew me that direction anyway.  After appreciating the impressive central staircase and the busy teen and children's section, I wandered into the fiction section, selecting titles, covers, and descriptions that interested me.  I could have stayed there, with that task, all afternoon. 

After returning home and finishing some chores, I gave myself permission to sit out in the sunshine, pull a book at random from my bag, and hunker down to escape into another world.  I reveled in the warmth beaming down and escaped into an idealized time long gone.  

Nothing could ruin my relaxed mood, not even the ominous splat that landed disturbingly close to my arm or the splash that landed on the page I was reading.  

They say being pooped on by a bird is good luck, right?  I'm ready to start the week, then.  


1 comment:

  1. It's cool that you have a regular trip to the library planned. These days I'm not sure who else could say the same. That bird knew who she was pooping near!

    ReplyDelete