Sunday, March 12, 2023

Life Lessons Learned

 No one really ever wants to go to the lab to get bloodwork - and I'm the same.  I have put off and put off reaching out to my doctor to schedule my annual tests...and now I'm down to my last pill, and I have no choice.  

This morning found me barreling around the beltway to my doctors office, throwing on a mask, and dashing into Kaiser.  While I was moving right along, I was making a list in my head of the things I would do while waiting to get called in to the phlebotomist.  

As I entered the lab, I noted optimistically that there was no line.  Checking in at the kiosk, I pulled a number - and immediately my number was called to go in to the lab.  Amazing!  I walked right in, took a seat, rolled up my sleeve, and I was back out and on the road again within 4 minutes.  

Two lessons for me to remember...first, the blood draw is never as bad as I expected; the lab techs are really skilled at doing their job.  Second, Sunday morning is the best time to go to the lab.  I've noted this in my calendar for next year!  

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping your workweek goes just as smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the exactness of the word phlebotomist!

    ReplyDelete