Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patrick's Punishment

I woke up this morning with a headache.  Slumping into the bathroom, I glanced at the mirror (usually I try to avoid looking too early) and I noticed the cause...angry red skin crept across the apple of each cheek and my nose.  My chin was pretty red too, as was the spot at my neck where my polo shirt sat open.  OUCH! 

Sitting on the side of Constitution Avenue while the D.C. St. Patrick's Day Parade danced, piped, and floated by was so incredibly relaxing, I chose not to move.  Add to that, two hours of beautiful sunshine on a gorgeously cool day, and I have the perfect recipe for sunburn.  My son put me in my place for my stupidity this afternoon when he said,  "Mom, looks like somebody took a flamethrower to your face."

I really need to get into the habit of putting on SPF 30 after my shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment