Thursday, March 26, 2015

Writing Help From My Mini-Me

Your daughter looks just like you," said my colleague, watching child #2 head toward the bus stop! "In fact, she could be your Mini-Me!  Ha!  That made me laugh, but I am continually amazed at how grown up she is - and what a help she can be.

"You need to complete your personal challenge, Mom," nagged my daughter.  I was whining about feeling tired, having a head cold, and not having any idea what to write about on my blog entry.  "But," I whimpered, "I'm blocked."

"Use your writing techniques, Mom. Clear your mind of everything, then, when you let it all come back, the first thing should be an inspiration!" she replied, gently.  She makes it sound so easy!

"It's not easy - but my teacher tells us, write anything...you can turn it into something.  Here give me the laptop, let me write," she persuades.

The fifteen year-old starts typing..."I am so uninspired today, I blame it on my head cold. Part of my problem is I don't want to make a choice,"  Ellen (my mother) complains. 

"Mom, here is some inspiration:  
life will throw everything at you, 
some good, some bad. 
You will end the day relieved it's over, 
but worried it's going by too fast. 
Savor every moment, cherish what you have, 
look forward for what's to come, 
even when you have a head cold."

Love the inspiration!  Thanks Babe!





 

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that's so sweet that she's so encouraging and helped you out!

    My daughter's a little young for that (She's two), but I don't think she'll ever be like me. She looks and acts just like her dad, down to the way they both twirl their hair to their farting. ;)

    Thanks for the slice! I'm glad you were able to find some inspiration with a little help. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this slice captures a role-reversal between the two of you, you complaining like a teenager, she sharing her wisdom and stick-to-itiveness. What a compliment to the kind of parent you are to her when she gets "blocked." Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these lines from your wise child:

    You will end the day relieved it's over,
    but worried it's going by too fast.

    How does she even know that!?

    ReplyDelete