Sunday, March 15, 2015

Connections

I spent yesterday by myself surrounded by 3000 teachers from all over the world. It was not a bad feeling as there is camaraderie among teachers, especially when they have come together, by choice, for invigorating professional development.  So while I was not with friends, I was not feeling lonely:  a shared laugh after a presenter's quip; an emphatic shake of the head with the table in disgust at a story shared; a lovely discussion while standing in the book signing line, these experiences are connecting.

I'd like to create this sense of "connectedness" for our students.

2 comments:

  1. Is it not the common bond that binds teachers invested in learning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do share a bond-- we usually call it being off task!

    ReplyDelete