Monday, March 16, 2015

Worth Waiting For?

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the instantaneous tv shows and movies that are at our fingertips through programs like Netflix and Hulu.  To be honest, I occasionally hearken back to those times when my sisters and I waited and waited for the next episode of The Muppets, or The Dukes of Hazard to come round.  A week could take forever back then.

Now at the click of a button, we have instant access to all sorts of great shows and movies.  In fact, we hardly watch traditional tv at all; sports, maybe - but not much else.  My daughter has introduced me to the show called Psych on Netflix, and we might watch two episodes in an evening, if not more.

Talk about instant gratification!  Weren't some things worth waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel where you are coming from. I feel it most with music. Nowadays you can play any song you like at any moment anywhere. I kind of miss waiting for the radio to play that one song. And to not be in control of ẃhat comes next.

    ReplyDelete