Tuesday, March 9, 2021

What's your Clifton Strength?

For those of you following...we made it through the first day - and there was joy!  The kids were tentative but excited, cautious but open. And the black skirt and boots helped me feel great.  

Packing up my office, sunset still an hour away, I was pumped!  We made it through day one - and it was positive.  I was ready for more.  I hopped into my little car, threw it into reverse, and slammed into the recycling dumpster that is awkwardly placed in one of our parking lots.  

Really?  My baby blue, my Zippy, my electric guilt-free accelerator?  Damaged.  And I realized, at that moment when you do something you really wish that you hadn't, that I had been running, running, running, and I needed to slow down.  

Sometimes a wake-me-up is a good thing.  Sadly, my wake-me-up came today.  My dad called tonight to remind me that these things happen, look on the bright side, no one was hurt - and besides, he has an excellent collision consultant that he has worked with...pretty sure I might get a deal.  Thanks, Dad! That really made me feel better.   

His call and my hubby's support nourished my greatest strength - optimism.  In fact, it is my Clifton Strengthfinders #1 trait - so, I'll get a good night sleep, and wake up tomorrow ready to face the world again.  

And tomorrow I'll call the collision consultant.  

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you are ok and have such a great outlook. It sounds like you have such a great support system - I am glad you have that - it can make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Zippy! Ahhh... so sorry that awkwardly place dumpster was such a killjoy to your First Day Buzz. Also glad you found some joy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the bright side (because I like that side too) - at least it was late so not so many students/ staff to watch you...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also a good reminder that our strengths or nourished and supported by others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not at all surprised that optimism is your #1 trait! Sorry about your car- I've been there so many times. It's always a shake up, but it will be okay!

    ReplyDelete