Friday, March 19, 2021

Things To Do This Weekend

Things to do this weekend - Stream of consciousness: 

-I need to do my laundry - and now that includes dry cleaning...I haven't taken anything to the dry cleaners for over a year.  

-I need to take care of my closet - full disclosure, about 51 weeks ago I anticipated many free hours (I'm not sure why) and I unloaded my closet onto the bed in the guest room.  I have picked up the occasional outfit to take back to my closet, but for the most part, all of the clothes are still there.  Boo.  

-I need to make my week of lunches - the only thing between me and a hearty Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (and the increased chance of a heart attack) is the salad that I pre-package and grab as I walk out the door each day.  Willpower = nonexistent.  

-I need to contemplate and then collaborate with the hubs around what our plans will be for Spring Break - it's only 1 week away!  I should stay home and take care of the aforementioned closet, but...Spring Break!

-I need to put more books on hold from the Library.  I love this ritual.  I was so relieved when the library started allowing us to pick up books we had put on hold during the pandemic.  This has been a lifesaver for my sanity and my wallet.  

-I need to make a doctor's appointment.  Ugh.  Why are these so difficult to make?  Could it be that I'm concerned about the gentle remonstration I may receive for the extra 20 pounds, lack of exercise, and general poor self-care?  Yes, I know...I will.  

-I need to take some time to visit my parents and my aunt now that we all have been vaccinated.  We are the only ones in the family who can hang out!  I want to sit with them, and visit with them, and enjoy them, and celebrate with them. 

That's a pretty full list - I think I'll stop there.  If I get 3 of these things done, I'll be happy.  Have a good weekend!  


6 comments:

  1. I never really thought about writing about future plans, but each of these snippets are fun to read, so I'm adding it to my ideas list. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a list - you're making me think about all the things I should put on mine! I hope you find a way to combine closet project + some "break" during spring break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You radiate energy, in person and in this post. I hope the visit with your parents and your aunt is one of the three things that get to happen! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting the list going is the first step in the right direction! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oof! That's quite a list. I can relate to SO many of the items! I like your realistic goal of 3. I'm glad you have a couple fun tasks, too! These kinds of "brain dumps" are cathartic. I bet you felt better after listing everything because then you can cross them off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed out loud at the image of your second bedroom filled with clothes on the bed--still 51 weeks later. True confessions: I LOVE organizing closets, decluttering, doing the whole Marie Kondo thing and would find great joy in spending far too many hours of my vacation folding and sorting and purging.

    ReplyDelete